What personal data we collect and why we collect it
Who we share your data with
Your data is not shared, you might be reffered to us or we reffer you to another however your data is only shared with you in case you request a copy.
How long we retain your data
Data is stored for minimum 5 years according to danish law, you can request your data to be deleted however we cannot delete data tied to transactions sooner than legally possible.
What rights you have over your data
This site stores and collects no data, we only store personal date for transaction purposes you can at any time request a copy of your data or request it being deleted in which case it will be deleted as soon as legally possible.
1. General principles for processing of personal data
In order to ensure that your personal data is processed correctly and with a suitable level of data protection, Danfoss has adopted the following processing principles:
- Personal data is processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner;
- Personal data is collected only for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and not further processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes.
- Personal data shall be adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed.
- Personal Data shall be accurate and, where necessary kept up to date and inaccurate or incomplete personal data will be rectified or erased or further processing suspended.
- Personal data shall not be kept in a form which permits identification of the Data Subjects for longer time than necessary for the purposes for which the data was collected or for which it is further processed.
- Personal data shall be processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal data.
Danfoss will always inform you of the collection and processing of your personal data unless we have a legitimate reason not to do so.
2. Types of personal data
We will collect and process your personal data in a number of ways.
Some of the personal data is necessary to process in order for us to provide you with the services you have requested and some personal data you can choose to provide voluntarily. We will always let you know which personal data is necessary (e.g. via the use of an asterisk (*)) and the consequences of not providing such data to us, for instance that we will not be able to (fully) satisfy your request.
The personal data that we collect and process can generally be divided into the following categories:
- Contact information such as name, address, phone number, email address, title, place of work, etc.
- Information that you provide when contacting us via emails or phone
- Transaction information
As a general rule we will not process any special categories of personal data (special personal data) about you unless you have provided your explicit consent thereto or we are required to do in order to comply with applicable regulation.
3. Our purposes for processing your personal data
We only process your personal in order to pursue a legitimate purpose and generally we will only process your personal data if:
- You have provided your consent to such processing; or
- The processing is necessary for the performance of a contract; or
- The processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation that we are subject to; or
- The processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or by a third party and such processing is not considered to be harmful towards you.
We process your personal data for the following purposes:
- To provide you with products, services and information that you request from us; or
- To administer our business relations and negotiate and execute agreements; or
- To provide general customer service and support; or
- To communicate with you regarding various matters; or
- comply with any applicable law.
- to operate, improve and optimize the performance and user experience of the website and its services,
- perform customer and user analysis and segmentation in order to improve our understanding of our users, and provide better and tailored services to users, including you,
- statistical purposes.
5. Your rights
You have the right to access to the data processed about you, subject to certain statutory exceptions. Furthermore, you can object to the collection and further processing of your personal data. In addition, you have the right to correct your personal data, if necessary. You may also choose to request us to restrict the processing.
We will delete or correct any information, which is inaccurate or out of date by reason of the time elapsed since it was collected or by reason of any other information in our possession.
If you provide us with a written request, we will also delete your personal data without undue delay, unless we have a legal basis to continue the processing, e.g. if the processing is necessary to establish, exercise or defeat a legal claim or necessary to the performance of a contract with you.
In order to make use of any of the rights mentioned above, please contact us.
With regard to such requests, kindly provide us with relevant information to take care of your request, including your full name and email address so that we can identify you. We will respond to your request as soon as possible and within one month.
6. Links to other websites, etc.
Our websites may contain links to other websites or to integrated sites. We are not responsible for the contents of the websites of other companies (third-party websites) or for the practices of such companies regarding the collection of personal data. When you visit third-party websites, you should read the owners’ policies on the protection of personal data and other relevant policies.
7. Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.